NewYou can listen to the Fox News article now!

An Asian-American family said they were attacked while at a Los Angeles fast-food restaurant last month and faced threats and racial slurs that left several injured.

The incident took place at a McDonald’s in North Hollywood when Nerisa, 47, and Patricia Rock, 19, were in a Filipino heritage vehicle when they were struck by another.

After the collision, the driver allegedly approached Rock’s car and began uttering racial slurs and sarcastic remarks, family lawyers said.

He then allegedly said “I will kill you”. The women called the police.

Hollywood massacre kills man and woman, search for gunman continues

One suspect made threats and attacked the family during an argument at a McDonald's in Los Angeles.

One suspect made threats and attacked the family during an argument at a McDonald’s in Los Angeles.
(Courtesy of Sandy Roxas)

“He began to physically choke and injure my mother,” Patricia Roque, one of the victims of the alleged attack, told Fox Los Angeles. “He was going to hit her, but thankfully my mom hit him, but he hit her on the chest instead of her face.”

Gabriel Rock, 62, Patricia’s father, came on a drive-thru from the family home to stop the alleged attack. When the suspect attacked him and Nerisa, his arm broke and his arm hurt in a physical argument, the family said.

Much of this controversy has been captured on mobile video.

“It was one of the most traumatic experiences of our lives. I feared the suspect would kill us because of what we look like – because we are Asian,” Patricia Roque said in a statement. “We are demanding a full investigation from the Los Angeles Police Department and a full investigation into the matter.”

An onlooker was involved until police arrived and helped apprehend the suspect. The family members say the authorities did not take the matter seriously. On Friday, they demanded action against him during a rally outside the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office in Van Nuys.

An Asian family says they were attacked by a suspect at a McDonald's drive-through in Los Angeles in May.

An Asian family says they were attacked by a suspect at a McDonald’s drive-through in Los Angeles in May.
(Courtesy of Sandy Roxas)

Click here to get the Fox News app

The family’s lawyer, Sandy Roxas, told Fox News that the suspect was quoted by police and released. He failed to appear in court on June 8 and an arrest warrant was issued.