NewYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon withdrew concern when asked about the mother of one of El Montay police officers who was murdered Wednesday, blaming Gascon’s policies on allowing her son’s killer out of jail before the shooting.

“This man has no history of violence,” Gascon said of accused killer Justin William Flores during a virtual town hall debate Wednesday evening. When asked by Fox News Digital about Goscan’s mother resigning “immediately” over the officers’ deaths, Gascon said, “He’s been on bail for months and may have committed a month of violence – we do not have a crystal ball.”

Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon spoke at a news conference earlier this month.

Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon spoke at a news conference earlier this month.
(KCBS-TV)

Flores, a member of the gang, is under consideration for a weapons charge after he received a light sentence through a solicitation agreement. Gascon Policy allowed Flores to request no competition to be convicted of possession of a firearm and received a light sentence despite an existing strike on his criminal history.

Garcia Joseph Anthony Santana’s mother, El Monte police officer, with his partner Cpl. Michael Domingo was shot and killed by Flores while calling home at the Parades, Motel. He turned his shotgun on himself when apprehended by a police officer on the porch of the house where the shootings took place.

Los Angeles Dr George Gascon defends policies after 2 police officers killed: ‘We have an imperfect system’

Flores’ wife said she went to the motel a day before to escape from him after he was attacked, but he followed her there.

Flores was killed by police in a shooting in the parking lot.

Slain Law Area police officers ” cowardly ” improved ‘while’ trying to protect family ‘,’ officials say

This photo, provided by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, shows Justin William Flores, the alleged shooter in the Southern California shootout that killed two police officers on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 in El Monte, California.

This photo, provided by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, shows Justin William Flores, the alleged shooter in the Southern California shootout that killed two police officers on Tuesday, June 14, 2022 in El Monte, California.
(California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation by AP)

“I contacted the family and proposed to meet with family members to express my sympathy,” Gascon added after a Fox News question about Garcia. “We have a victim unit.”

Garcia had previously told Fox News: “Gascon is expelling all these criminals and they are committing one crime after another. That person must be in jail. If he does not come out my son and the other officer may still be here.”

Los Angeles County Dr George Gascon policy led to the murder of a California man

Gascon added Wednesday night in Virtual Town Hall that he described the shooting and the Los Angeles execution process as “a lot of work to reach the family and the police department.”

The city of El Monte has announced the death of Corporal Michael Parades and Officer Joseph Santana on duty.

The city of El Monte has announced the death of Corporal Michael Parades and Officer Joseph Santana on duty.
(City of El Monte)

He denied that any policy “did not assess or control this incident”.

The DA also cited rumors that one of its orders would make Flores pay his office for the funeral, which the office rejected.

“Mr. Flores was not a victim … he committed a heinous crime,” Gascon said, adding that the rumors were “unbelievably disturbing.”

Click here to get the Fox News app

He also spoke briefly about gun reforms, pointing out that there are “more guns than people” in the country.

Fox News’ Sarah Rumpf contributed to this report.