If Dad loves pancakes, this heart-shaped sweet treat is perfect for Fathers Day 2022.
“You can use a lot of creativity for this recipe, which is very important to me,” said Catherine McCord.
She is the food blogger behind Vilicius, author of “Vilious: 140 Fast, Fresh and Easy Recipes” and co-founder of One Potato, an organic meal kit company.
Fathers Day 2022: The best one-liners and life advice I received from my dad
“From the type of dough you decide to use, to the toppings to every single pancake shape,” she added.
To make these pancakes even more special, McCard recommends topping them with homemade whipped cream and fresh, in-season berries from your local farmer’s market.
10 Unique Fathers Day Gifts For New Fathers
Heart-shaped pancakes by Willisius and Catherine McCord of One Potato
Makes 6-10 servings
The size of the serving varies depending on the amount of pancake dough used and the size of the pancakes
Preparation time: 5-15 minutes
Cooking time: 3-12 minutes
Preparation and cook times vary depending on the dough recipe used
Selected 1 batch of pancake dough (such as chocolate pancake mix by Catherine McCord of Willis)
1 squeeze bottle with tip
Maple syrup, fresh berries, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, honey or any other desired toppings
For Father’s Day, there are 21 wonderful and wonderful gifts for Dad this year
1. Pour the pancake dough into a large squeeze bottle. Make sure the tip is large enough to let the pancake dough come out.
2. On low to medium heat, grease your pan gently. Take a squeeze bottle, draw a freeform heart from one end to the other, and then fill the shape. When the heart starts to bubble, rotate and cook for 30-60 seconds.
3. Serve with maple syrup, raspberry sauce, fresh berries or any topping you like.
Chocolate Pancake Mix by Catherine McCord of Vilious and One Potato
Makes 16 pancakes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes
1 cup white wheat flour
2 tablespoons sweet cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg, whisked
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
Butter or coconut oil, for grease the pan
Fathers Day 2022: Great gifts for grandparents
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and oil.
3. Mix dry ingredients in wet ingredients.
4. If you are making heart shaped pancakes, read the instructions in step 1 above. Otherwise, heat a large skillet or grid over medium heat and coat lightly with butter or coconut oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon pancake mixture on the grid (heart shaped) and make as many pancakes as needed, cook for 2 minutes or until you have bubbles.
6. Rotate the pancakes and cook for a minute.
Click here to get the Fox News app
These original recipes are owned by Weelicious.com and shared with Fox News Digital.