For this Fathers Day 2022, treat the dad or dad of your life with this breakfast casserole that is rich with eggs, cheese, bacon and vegetables.
“You can prepare and mix everything before you go to bed at night, so all you have to do in the morning is pop, bake and serve in the oven!” Food blogger and author Catherine McCord says Vilious Weelicious: 140 fast, fresh and easy recipes And co-founder of One Potato, an organic meal kit company.
Seek to serve the esteemed person first and foremost.
Brown Butter Cinnamon Stroose Coffee Cake: Try the recipe
Breakfast Casserole by Catherine McCord of Willis and One Potato
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Fathers Day 2022: The best one-liners and life advice I received from my dad
6 large eggs, whisked
2/3 cup milk
1 cup cheese, grated (you can use Mexican cheese mix, mozzarella, cheddar or monterey jack)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
5 slices day-old brown bread, cut into cubes
4 slices of bacon, cooked and torn into bite-sized pieces
1 cup cooked vegetables, chopped (broccoli, corn, bell peppers, onions or leftovers from last night’s dinner)
Click here to sign up for our Lifestyle Newsletter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl beat eggs, milk, cheese and salt until completely combined.
3. Soak the cubed bread in the egg mixture and stir until just combined (you do not want to mix the bread too much, or it will break).
4. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
5. Pour this mixture into an 8 × 8 inch greased pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
Note: This recipe can be doubled and cooked in a 13 x 9 inch dish
This original recipe is owned by Weelicious.com and shared with Fox News Digital.
Click here to get the Fox News app