NewYou can listen to the Fox News article now!

A drive-by shooter opened fire on a family barbecue in Texas on Saturday night, killing two people and injuring five, officials said.

FOX29 San Antonio reports, citing police, that a shooting occurred around 10:13 p.m. in the 2500 block of Patron Drive in San Antonio, where a family was having a barbecue in their front yard.

“A family was having a barbecue in front of the house and someone ran away from them and fired about twenty or thirty rounds,” Chief William McManus told reporters at the scene.

McManus said a total of seven people, including five men and two women in their 20s and 40s, were killed in the shooting by an unidentified suspect. Two of them died on the spot, police said.

The Texas gunman shot the teenager during an alleged robbery attempt

Six children in the home were unsafe at the time of the shooting, McManus said.

The San Antonio Police Chief is speaking to reporters at the scene of Saturday night's deadly drive-by shooting.

The San Antonio Police Chief is speaking to reporters at the scene of Saturday night’s deadly drive-by shooting.
(San Antonio Police Department)

Click here to get the Fox News app

Last month, McManus said police responded to the same home for a report of fatal behavior, but did not provide details.

More details were not immediately available.